The Easiest Way to Increase Employee Safety
Did you know that 30.7 million working days were lost in the UK in 2017/18 due to work-related illness or workplace injury? And that injuries sustained at work cost employers roughly £5.2 billion in 2016/17? As an employer you have a duty to uphold employee safety and neglecting that duty of care can cost you – both in money and your company’s reputation.
People working in construction, agriculture and manufacturing are among the most likely to sustain injuries at work, and many of those injuries can be put down to a lack of communication. Having an efficient and easy-to-use method of communication is essential, especially when your employees are working in potentially dangerous environments, and two-way radios are the most logical solution to adopting a safe working environment.
- Rugged and durable – two-way radios are built to last, and most can withstand a lot of bumps, drops and splashes. For particularly tough environments you can go for a model with a higher IP rating, or even an ATEX radio if you are working around hazardous materials.
- Alerts and alarms – many radios come with extra functions like panic buttons, Man Down or Lone Worker functions. These allow you to make sure your employees stay safe when they are working alone. Radios with a man down function monitor position, lack of movement or a sudden impact, and can trigger an alarm when those things are detected. Lone Worker devices require a lone worker to periodically respond to alerts to confirm they are safe. If they do not respond, an alarm is raised and help is sent for. This can all be managed from a central control room.
- GPS capabilities – having GPS on your two-way radios helps to locate users when they raise an emergency alarm. This can save vital minutes in response times and could potentially save a life. It can also help when tracking down misplaced radios.
- Reliable – stay connected even in far-flung places where mobile reception and internet connection is scarce.
- Hands-free options – often your employees will be unable to reach for their radios whilst working, or doing so might be dangerous. VOX (voice-activated communication) functions or accessories like throat mics allow for hands-free communication.
Want to talk to us about how two-way radios from 2CL can increase employee safety?
Call us on 0800 389 2278 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.